Monday, July 4, 2011

YAY for independence!

First, thank you to all who have created the world that we live in. Thank you for the independence to create my own reality, including the ability to achieve my dreams.

Today, we're open. It's been slow so far. But yesterday was crazy busy. It was an awesome day. I get to meet some of best people, always so interesting. Let's see, yesterday I met a woman who wire wraps stones into chain and makes necklaces, she came in with her mom, the necklaces were lovely! I met several women who came over from the Irish Snug, they were funny, I liked them... I wanted to go back to the Snug with them for a drink, or three. :) And then I met a woman from Mead who goes into my dad's bead store in Greeley! She talked about wanting to open a bead store, it's fun, it's cool, but it's WAY harder than I thought it would be... and I have 23 years of familial experience behind me.

Today, we're open. I'm not sure for how long, at least 3p. I didn't want to miss an opportunity to get to know more people. I don't know if we'll be open on the fourth of July next year, maybe, we'll see how the rest of today goes.

Things we've been up to at the store, a picture history:

Kody made this pendant yesterday for her friend Emma - it's brown agate with jasper rounds and 21ga square copper wire



We have these great little origami stars that a woman in Virginia made out of old map pages. I love them. Apparently there are kits that have directions to make the same stars, Kody brought one in for me the other day. Here's my first go at it. Not too shabby!



Cindy started this necklace a few weeks ago at a Beads + Bordeaux night, and brought it back to show us the finished product. It's nice! I like it a LOT! Awesome job.



We got in some fabulous resin flowers earlier this week, and I combined this one (a pink rose) with a glass tile that we sell here and a picture of a pretty pink bouquet out of a wedding magazine, Bride magazine, to be exact.



Hope you're all having a safe and wonderful independence day.

No comments:

Post a Comment