Sunday, January 20, 2013

A dainty little bracelet

The prettiest, dainty little bracelet came in this morning for a bit of lengthening.  It was given as a gift for Christmas this year, from a daughter to her mother, and was just a smidge too short.  I found it to be just beautiful though and I fell in love.



What would I need to make something similar?  I wanted a necklace though, I NEED a new necklace.  :)  NEED.

Supplies:

Chain - you'll want fairly thin chain, if you're planning to stay with the delicate feel (1mm or so), I think the original was a 1.2mm, I used a 1mm on mine.
Jump rings - you'll need 5 jump rings, 4 4mm rings and an 8mm ring.  The original had a twisted jump ring, which I don't have, so I just went with a regular one.
Clasp - this bracelet uses a spring ring clasp; I put a lobster on my necklace, just because it was what I had laying around.
Briolettes - however many you'd like, this one uses two of different sizes (there is garnet and citrine in the bracelet; I used a chalcedony briolette that Sarah got me when she was in Austin for Christmas and an aquamarine briolette that we had here on the single bead table)
Charm - the charm on the bracelet is hand stamped and has the initial of the owner; I went with a little feather though.  I love feathers.
Wire - it should fit through your briolette holes, sometimes they can be very tiny, I'd guess you'll need a 24 or 26ga.  For my briolettes, I needed 26ga for the chalcedony and 24ga for the aquamarine.


Steps:

1 - wrap your briolettes
2 - attach your briolettes and charm to your 8mm jump ring
3 - cut your length of chain, you'll need two pieces of equal length; I wanted a fairly short necklace so I went with 8.5"
4 - attach 4mm jump rings to each end
5 - connect one jump ring to your clasp

and you have yourself a beautiful little piece of jewelry.

Here's mine.  I LOVE it.  I'm very happy with how it turned out!  In fact, I'm wearing it right now.



Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment