Saturday, June 8, 2013

Upcycled necklaces for charity...



We love teaching classes and think it's really fun when people come back into the store to show us what else they have created since taking a jewelry making class with us.  Late last week, Jessica came in and gave me an update on what she has been up to since she took our Upcycled Necklace class.  She teaches at Woodrow Wilson Academy in Westminster and taught her students how to make the upcycled flower necklaces!   

She emailed me a couple of pictures and this little note - 

"They were made to earn money for the Wright Cause Walk which is an organization our school created to help people in need at our school that are affected by cancer.  They are featured on the Tour de Fashion truck too."  The Tour De Fashion truck is giving all of the monies from the sales of the necklaces directly back to the students to donate.  



While I was at the Santa Fe Art Walk on Friday evening, I hopped onto the Tour De Fashion truck to see the super cute necklaces that Jessica's students had been creating.  How completely adorable!  I totally forgot to grab a picture, sorry!  The necklaces were really cute, it's really exciting to see the things that people learned how to do here at The Colorado Bead Company in the WILD!  You all are just so impressive, and so sweet.
http://www.juxtapost.com/site/permlink/0bc78c70-5548-11e1-b342-41e4b11ecc89/postboard/inspiring_quotes_and_sayings/
Picture from here
Jessica also mentioned that her students would be selling their finished necklaces and earrings to raise money for their school trips this year as well, I'll keep you updated with where they're going to be.   This is so awesome and I was so touched and impressed with all that the students are doing that we're going to donate a bunch of supplies to them this year to support them in their efforts.  :)  

<3anne.


2 comments:

  1. You are AMAZING! I thank you for all your creativity that you share with me through your classes and conversations. And I really appreciate the supplies you are donating to my school! You are too generous and my students are so excited!

    Jessica M.
    WWA

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that to know that your business is providing that much influence to the community! Keep up the good work! And good job, Jessica! Love you!

    Michael M.
    Jessica's husband

    ReplyDelete