Saturday, June 1, 2013

Take one! The Minneapolis bracelet!

When we decide to offer a new class, we typically do it in a couple of ways - 1. it's something that has been suggested, lots of times by lots of people; creating projects that teach new skills, don't take for-ever and don't cost a ton of money in supplies can be harder than you think.  2.  it's something that is really awesome and we want to share. 

The Minneapolis bracelet came from a similar class that our friends at The Bead Monkey in Minneapolis offer.  :)  See the name connection there?  The bracelets that come from that class are always so pretty and I really liked the idea of a 'simple' bead weaving project.  Bead weaving is something that most people either like or they don't, seed beads are awfully tiny.  


I'm always a little nervous for a new class.  I know that I know how to do it, and I've taught it to at least one of my co-workers, and usually my mom (she's typically a really good person to test classes on, because she doesn't hesitate to not pay attention to directions or to ask lots of questions).  I never really know though how a group of people is going take to directions or if maybe my math somewhere was off or what is going to happen.

GOOD NEWS THOUGH!  Usually our maiden voyages of a class goes fairly well.  The Minneapolis bracelet class was no exception.  I was very lucky to have a great crew in class as well, that's always a huge help.  Jacki, Alex, and Chris did wonderfully!  Their bracelets turned out beautifully. 






{ squeal } I am so in love with these!  And this class!

No comments:

Post a Comment