Tuesday, February 12, 2013

getting down to business - Tucson Gem Show 2013


Ahhh… the end of day two, and I am completely exhausted.  This morning we got up early and headed to breakfast at Sunny Daze Café.  It’s a very good restaurant, super kitschy and full of pink flamingos. 

We went back to the JOGS show and picked up some amber, I priced it yesterday, thought on it, talked to some people, and made some decisions. 

From there it was to the G&LW Gem Show.  I really like this show; there are so many vendors and so many beads.  This show is all about stocking up on good quality strands at good prices.  Which we did! 

It’s also SO much walking.  So much walking.  

In lieu of actually writing, I'm going to post some pictures - 

gaspeite (center on left), quatz (top right corner), chrysocolla (botton two on the left) and malachite/azurite cabs (three down the center)

A sea of pearls.

Mountains of gemstones.
 Dinner was also delicious (sopapillas, what!) - Guadalajara Grill.  Mmmm.

Have you ever had one of these days?  It was 4p before I realized that my shirt had been on backwards all day. 

And I have no words for this.

Tomorrow is the last day.  :)  See you all soon.  - Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment