Monday, February 11, 2013

Hello hotel room... I'm so glad to see you...


It's 930p and we just got a room.  We had a reservation, but the hotel's computer systems went down so they were processing everything by hand and I don't think it was super effective...  :(  they seemed stressed, but handled it really well. I also feel a strange sense of accomplishment in having a place to sleep tonight.  YES!

We managed to get to the To Bead True Blue Show AND the JOGS show (I don't even know what JOGS stands for, if I say JOGS show, is it the same as saying ATM machine?  Does the S in JOGS stand for show?)  I found some fun vendors for lots of new supplies and things.  There were some beautiful finished pieces as well; lots of glass blowers at this show.  Blowing glass seems hard, it's so impressive when done well though.  We didn't pick up much there, but made lots of great contacts, and might be picking up things from them later. 

W've had a few people in looking for the clasps for the wide leather pieces, particularly the bracelets, and the slide beads for them...  replacing Pandora bracelets maybe?  Here is a resource for you for beads and clasps.  Antelope Beads is a Colorado based company by the way (out of Boulder) hooray, support local.  


There were also these incredible leaves!  I see the metal aspen leaves all the time in Denver, but they had all sorts of leaves in a lot of colors.  LOVE!  Here are some design examples, they're so fancy. We did get some of these! 

I really liked these super cute clay flowers from Sonoran Beads.  They're by an artist named Eriko Page.  


I did get some beautiful beads from Grace Beads – they're blown glass and I think they're great.


We ended up getting lost between the BTB show and the JOGS show.  However, found our way to a great sandwich shop called Melt.  I had a turkey, bacon, and avocado sandwich.  Mmm.  They also had popcorn made by some nuns that are in the Tucson area.  It was delicious.    Www.Prayerfullypopped.com  :)  And I had some corn chowder... and found no corn in it, actually.

Somehow I got stuck driving the rental car by the way.  And I backed into a parking spot (like a boss)... and the wall behind it... but that's neither here nor there I guess.

I'm not sure about JOGS show, honestly.  I haven't been there before... I'm not sure if I'd go back.  There was a LOT of amber there.  And a lot of strange things. 


An amethyst case, the lid actually folds down.    Some old swords...  HUGE wire wrapped trees with amethyst or rose quartz "leaves." 

Anyways, a breakdown of what's coming into the bead store from today:  metal leaves, druzy cabochons, faceted nugget amethyst, botswana agate, carnelian, and quartz, malachite azurite faceted rounds, skulls in all sorts of colors, lucite flowers, and a lot of other stuff, but I'm too tired to remember it all.  :)  anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment